Thursday, December 8, 2011

Health is Wealth

Being a doctor, it's pretty ironic that I sometimes tend to disregard any aches or discomfort I feel in my body.  I would often ignore it, or just pop a pill and when the pain is gone, I'm pretty much OK.  But lately, I have been very sickly, I guess my body was not able to cope with my sudden weight loss and so my immune system lowered and I easily get sick.

I always knew it all along, but I chose to ignore the fact that when we feel anything abnormal, that's our body sending us a message that something is wrong, or better yet that we are taking our health for granted.  I learned my lesson the hard way.  I needed to have blood tests, an ultrasound and a visit to the doctor who never failed to remind me that I am a doctor myself and that I should know better.  Worse, my constant sick leaves cost me more than half of my paycheck.  

Now I am slowly adapting to a healthy lifestyle, and that includes taking care of my body, getting enough sleep, eating the right food at the right time, drinking lots of water and instead of munching on junk food, I'm switching to fruits or salads.  Hopefully I could maintain it, I admit it's hard but I know I'll get used to it.  I do cheat once in a while, and give in to my cravings... but in time I would learn to control it.  I'm slowly getting there. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...