Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Work in Progress

I have been on hiatus from blogging for quite some now... 2 months and 1 week to be exact.  I just had so many things going on and it overwhelmed me to the point where each day passed by in a blur.

The past months I felt like I was walking on thin ice and any moment I could just fall deep down in cold waters and sink into oblivion.  There were days when I wanted to just crawl into a ball and cry myself to sleep.  But most days I carry on with my life trying to be okay because I had to be for the sake of my loved ones.

  I thank God for work because it kept my mind from all the things I did not want to think about.  But sometimes the painful memories finds itself slowly into consciousness and I battle with myself every time the hurt sets in.

You may see me with a smile on my face, but behind those smiles is a woman who has gone through her worst nightmares but managed to wake up from it and face a brand new day.  

Things are much better now.  Everything is where they are supposed to be.  I thank the Lord for giving me the strength to face each day with a happy heart.  Of course there are bad days but I never let it get the best of me.

I have learned that every day is a work in progress.  That we should learn to live each day as it comes and try not to worry about what happens next. I too am a work in progress. There are times when I fall into the sadness spell, but I guess that is okay as long as I know how to snap out of it before it eats me up whole.

In summary, I guess no matter what you have been through, no matter how difficult things are right now.  I promise you, things will be okay.  You will be okay.  Believe me I have been there, and I can say that I am more than okay.

6 comments:

  1. this is beautiful! I agree and i'm glad to meet another strong woman like you. Real women are those who knows how to put a smile on their face despite the odds. I call it being graceful in life.
    Everyday is a new day, its a choice. We simply choose to see things on the brighter side. Thats why I believe you when you say Things will be ok.
    Its hard to put a girl down when she has loads of optimism behind her back. 😙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Namee... being strong means knowing how to smile despite the pain and having the courage to go through life with grace even under extreme pressure :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:53 AM

    hi doc! I will pray for you. Im not exactly sure what your going through but I believe you will overcome it. You have always been a strong loving, patient woman. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ariane!! I miss you and I miss our "talks" about life, love and anything under the sun.. I hope to see you really soon :)

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:54 AM

    hi doc! I will pray for you. I have known you as a stong and loving person who will do anything for her loved ones. Be strong and continue to have faith in Him. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really hard to manage problem when you are facing your own problem only God can solve it, surrender all your problems to him, he said for all thouse who are tired of carring their yoke come to him

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...