Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Bittersweet Farewell to 2014

It is past 2 in the morning.  The house is quiet, but I could still hear the sound of fire works from a distance, and people celebrating new year on the streets...

Before I personally welcome 2015, I would want to take time and reflect on the year that was...

2014 was life changing for me.  It was a year that brought me a lot of challenges, disappointments and frustrations... But I am most grateful to have survived all the trials that came my way.  I thank the good Lord for blessing me with my family and friends who helped put a smile behind all the pain that I was going through.  

It was a year of new beginnings and second chances, a year of realizations and awareness, a year of gaining new learnings and insight especially in the career path that I have chosen.

2014 was a year that honestly started out really bad for me, but eventually things all fell into place in God's perfect time.

As I look back on the year that was, I try to write all my hurts in the sand hoping that the winds of time can blow them all away.  I want to thank everyone who has been a part of my year.  

 To my husband who has been my constant partner in life, I love you... we have gone thorough so many things together and I thank you for sticking it out with me through good times and bad.  They say that nothing in this world is permanent, but I dare say that our love is something that can withstand the test of time, we have proven that for 19 years.  Despite everything we have been through , I still believe that life has been good to us and I continue to pray for God's guidance especially in our marriage.  

To my kids who are by far God's greatest gift to me, thank you for giving me the chance to know how it is to love unconditionally.  

To my family who I miss the most especially during holidays, I thank God everyday for you.  I would not be who I am today if not for papa and mama, who have always been supportive of me, and my brothers who I love dearly... I guess growing up with 3 younger brothers to care for has helped me become a more patient and nurturing person :). I love you and I miss you all so much.

To my in-laws, nephews and niece... You are treasures I hold close to my heart dearly...

 To my relatives, friends, workmates, and mentors, "thank you" for being a part of my life.  I hope that I am able to touch your life the way that you have touched my life in meaningful ways...

As I bid farewell to 2014, I welcome 2015 with a hopeful heart, a stronger faith and more patience, and understanding to everyone around me.  

May we have a lot of love within ourselves to share to others and may we continue to be a blessing to all.  May we face 2015 with strength, courage and me we never ever lose hope.  Above all, may we continue to thank the Lord for all His blessings! 

Happy New Year everyone!!



 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...