Monday, September 12, 2011

Mother's and Daughter's

"Mothers of daughters are daughters of mothers and have remained so, in circles joined to circles, since time began."

Being a mother myself, I have come to appreciate more everything my mother has done for us when we were growing up.  She has always been able to provide our needs. Now I understand that as mothers we scold our kids because we love them and we want them to realize their mistakes and correct them.

My relationship with mama is special.  There are things that we enjoy doing together, like shopping for clothes or going to the salon together.  We also both enjoy reading, cross stitching and cooking.  The one thing that I never got from Mama which I see in my daughter is her strong personality and her "kikay" side. I guess that is proof, there is indeed a special bond shared between mothers and daughters.




I also want my daughter and I to have the same relationship I had with Mama.  I want her to be able to share everything with me, her happiness, her thoughts, her worries and fears or her problems, the way I did with my mother.  I want us to do things together, laugh over silly things, and cry over heartbreaks (which I hope won't come until she's 20?).  I want my daughter to see me also as her friend, like I did with Mama.

The relationship between a mother and daughter is indeed special.  There is a bond that binds them together, and the love between a  mother and daughter can never be broken.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...