Monday, February 19, 2018

Psychiatric Resident Signing Off...

If I am asked to describe what it’s like to be a psychiatric resident in Sotto, I would definitely describe it as “Life Changing”...

Residency training taught me a lot of things not just in the field of psychiatry, but life in general.  It gave me the chance to help and reach out to patients with mental illness and give hope to their families. It gave me an advocacy to promote mental health and awareness.
It was during residency training that I get to meet and work with different types of people, most of whom I now consider as my friends.

What kept me going for the past four years, aside from my commitment to the training program, was because of the love and support of my family and friends. Thank you from the bottom of my heart..

Life as a psychiatric resident was like being in a roller coaster ride, it had its ups and downs... but it was definitely worth it. There was a time during my residency when I was faced with a lot of personal challenges, I remember my training officer telling me that if I would be able to overcome all the problems and difficulties I was facing at the moment, it would help me become a good psychiatrist in the future, and that is what I hope to be...

Graduating from residency is not the end, but it’s just the beginning of a whole new adventure waiting for me...

My sincere thanks to VSMMC and the Department of Psychiatry for allowing me to continue my service with the institution.  I may be signing off as a psychiatric resident, but I know that bigger and better things are yet to come...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...